The Colorado Latino Forum is transforming the political, social, educational and economic landscape in Colorado. We are seeking a next wave of leaders who are committed to increasing Latino participation and awareness in the electoral process, educating and mobilizing the community on vital issues and increasing the political, social, educational and economic strength of Latinas and Latinos. CLF is a nonpartisan, statewide advocacy organization committed to ensuring our elected officials are responsive to the needs of the Latino Community in Colorado.
Interested candidates will be elected by the membership at CLF’s Policy Summit on January 10, 2015 and will be briefly introduced at the opening of the program. Candidates and members must be present to participate in the election.
The characteristics we are seeking in prospective Board members include:
- Commitment to the mission of CLF to increase the political, social, educational and economic strength of Latinas and Latinos.
- Willingness to serve two-year term and contribute to a working boardthrough talent (professional expertise or grassroots organizing skills), time (attend monthly 2nd Saturday board meeting from 9am-12pm) and/or treasure (assist with fundraising events or contributing monetarily).
- Openness to building a diverse Boardthat strives for a balanced membershipincluding members from the following communities: young people over 18 years of age, GLBTQ, immigrant and rural.
- Visionary leadership and expertise to assist with planning and implementing the next phase of organizational and capacity development.
- The priority areas of expertise are:
- Development & Fundraising
- Graphic Design
- Grassroots organizing
- Young professional or youth organizer
- Apply expertise to least one of CLF’s Platform Policy Issues in order to advance the goals of social justice, educational equity, political empowerment or economic opportunity.
- The ability to work thoughtfully, collaboratively and creatively with others.
Interested candidates should submit the following information by January 5, 2015:
- Contact Information (address, email, and phone number):
- City of residence
- A photo for posting on the ballot and CLF website.
- Brief bio of 150 words or less for posting on the ballot and CLF website.
- Brief explanation of 150 words or less about how your experience will further at least one of CLF’s Platform Policy Issues.
- Brief explanation of 150 words or less about how you would leverage your area of expertise to support CLF.
Please submit your application to email@example.com, and register for the Policy Summit including membership fee at https://clfstatewidepolicysummit2015.eventbrite.com.